Monday, May 19, 2014

LET´S GET ROCKED IN MEXICO!

By Lady Cande

Dear lechones, I couldn´t wait to meet you! 
This is Lady Cande reporting from the city of León, Guanajuato. Enjoying a concert under a cloudy and warm spring night. 

Me and my dearest Don Fantástico got these two cheap tickets for a Mexican band called Caifanes, a legendary Mexican rock band formed in 1987. This band, regularly plays at stadiums with an average audience of around 20,000 spectators. This time we´re going to an arena in the fair grounds where the maximum capacity is 7,000 people. 
It's looking to be a good time!


Cheapest tickets, best spot.

8:00 pm: I´m doing a huge and disorderly line. Everyone is very excited. Most of them wear jeans, leather pants, black t-shirts of the band. Oh my god! There are some girls wearing really huge heels. Are they sure they´re here for a rock concert? That´s what I call fresa.
There are two lines. One line for the gold and general area and the other one for those with platinum tickets for their seats at the very front. Thank God we didn´t take the wrong one.

8:30pm: We´re supposed to get into the arena in 30 minutes. Some people are singing, some others are buying t-shirts and memorabilia like cups, pins, and bracelets.

9:00pm: We´re finally in. Let´s get a beer! Well it isn´t cold enough but beer is beer.

9:30pm: Don Fantástico and I decided it is a good time to join the crew for a nice view but I´m so small! 

9:45pm: We found a fence and we crossed through a small gap to get more beer. Oh my! Somehow we managed to get in the gold section. Is it that easy? Who' s the logistics manager anyway?
Well, now that we´re in, let´s keep looking for a nicer view.

10:04pm: Hell yeah! We made it to the very front, right on the stage. 8 meters (26 ft) from the microphone and instruments. The concert is supposed to start at 9:00pm. I hope this starts soon. We are all excited, screaming the name of the band.

10:15pm: Yeah! They´re here opening with such a jam: "Viento". I really want to take some nice pictures. Oh! No way, my camara has no battery! In my first post for Don Lechón? He´s totally going to kill me. Alright, I' m going to try to get some information from another reporter. Shoot! I really wanted to take my own pics! 

Saúl Hernández, vocalist.

10:30pm: Our feet are jumping uncontrollably, our arms are in the air waving and we can´t stop singing all the songs. Everyone around us is galvanized by the quality tune-age. The band is unbelievable.


The crew!
 They´re such amazing musicians, always friendly and humble. Three generations of people are represented in the crowd. Toddlers on the shoulders of their fathers, teenagers in Caifanes shirts, and older people enjoying some 80's nostalgia.
Three generations in one rock concert!

11:00pm The security guards are not the strongest guys here. Some people managed to jump the fence. One of which, is a shirtless guy that plants some kisses on the cheeks of the lead singer and bassist.

11:30pm Oh my ... now a girl is on the stage too but this time she´s dancing with the bassist and then manages to land a couple sloppy kisses on the lips of the lead singer. He doesn´t seem sad but he doesn´t seem happy either. Probably he´s married. Wait a minute guys, here´s my favorite song of this concert and I want to scream and shout with my dearest Don Fantástico. ♫ ♩ Si pudiéramos escupir cometas le ganaríamos al viento,a la magia, al destino, a la distancia, al olvido  
Diego Herrera, sax-man and keyboardist.



11:40pm I really want to hear "La Negra Tomasa" and is precisely the last song of this magnificent concert. And it´s a really long version.

12:00am I think I´m going to faint, the concert is over and they got down the stage to say hi! They´re shaking hands with everyone! The second guitar and the drummer shook hands with us! The bassist drew near to which a girl and I kissed him on each cheek. He thanked us and I replied,"thank you for the concert!"

Sabo Romo, bassist. Alfonso André, drummer.


12:00am Time to go get some delicious tacos. We feel infinitely happy! Our first concert together was an unequivocal success.


Are rock concerts similar in your place? Do you have a story to share? We want to know about it!
Are you living or traveling in Mexico? Don´t miss out on some cool concerts.
Caifanes
Jamz Recommendation:

1. "La Negra Tomasa"
2. "Viento"
3. "Debajo de tu Piel"
4. "Nubes"
5. "Ayer me dijo un Ave"
6. "La Célula que explota"
7. "Los Dioses ocultos"
8. "No dejes que..."
9. "Afuera"
10. "Aquí no es así"








                                         Au revoir mes amis! - Lady Cande ; )



Pictures of Caifanes concert in León, Gto. were taken by Omar Ramírez for a.m. newspaper, León, Gto. 18/05/14.



No comments:

Post a Comment